Want to donate? THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Any Extra Required school Supplies for students who need them would be Great ! Also, consider these options for supporting Accelerated Core: Donors Choose: www.donorschoose.org/Accelerated ---If you donate by Sunday and use the code LIFTOFF, we will get a matching donation from the Gates Foundation! Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1O3TB5B6KYF8M?ref_= wl_share Pick up these: "Does Reading Fiction Make You a Better Person?" and related articles Class Expectations Annotation Handout AND YOUR ASSIGNED CHROMEBOOK Learning Intention: I can understand class expectations. I can understand annotation strategies. I understand the course syllabus. Success Criteria: I will be able to explain actions I can take to demonstrate respect in each of 6 domains. I can show proficiency with course expectations on our syllabus Kahoot. I can identify a new annotatio...
Want to donate? THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Any Extra Required school Supplies for students who need them would be Great ! Also, consider these options for supporting Accelerated Core: Donors Choose: www.donorschoose.org/Accelerated ---If you donate by Sunday and use the code LIFTOFF, we will get a matching donation from the Gates Foundation! Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1O3TB5B6KYF8M?ref_= wl_share Pick up these handouts: Course Syllabus Student Inventory Chapters 1-3 of The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Learning Intention: I will understand why we read literature. Success Criteria: I will be able to explain two benefits of reading and apply them to my life. Agenda: Lines and Blobs John Green's Video: How and Why We Read Explain two of the benefits of reading in a card to a seventh grade student and share some of your favorite books from last year with them. Get a bonus point if you can ...
Pick Up: Annotation Bookmark & "Interwebs" Worksheet ALSO take your assigned ChromeBook Turn in: PBIS--Academics Worksheet Go to our class blog at xla8.blogspot.com and view this Slides presentation Check your grades/review homework (10 minutes) Homework: Use this link to check out your grades on Synergy or use the link on the AJHS website. Help a parent log in to Synergy and return the signed form tomorrow. Ask your family to consider donating to our school library here . Read and annotate Ch. 5--consider trying a new strategy from the bookmark. Discuss the second article with your partner. Juxtapose it with the first article. (5 min.) Discuss the events of Ch. 4 with your group of 4. (10 min.) Finish creating Open Mind Diagrams (10 min.) Rehearse presentations so that everyone gets to present equitably. (10 min.)