Thursday, October 3, 2019 (updated)

1.    Opening
A.   Review Learning Targets (2 minutes)
Learning Intentions:
I can cite text-based evidence that provides the strongest support for an analysis of literary text. (RI.8.1)
I can objectively summarize informational text. (RI.8.2)
I can analyze the connections and distinctions between individuals, ideas, or events in a text. (RI.8.3)
I can determine the meaning of words and phrases in text (figurative, connotative, and technical meanings). (RI.8.4)
I can use a variety of strategies to determine the meaning of unknown words or phrases. (L.8.4)
I can use evidence from informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research. (W.8.9)
Success Criteria:
Ongoing Assessment
     I can identify the strongest evidence in the speech by Til Gurung that helps me explain why refugees leave their home.
     I can identify the strongest evidence in the speech by Til Gurung that helps me explain challenges refugees face in their new country.
     I can determine the meaning of unfamiliar words based on context clues.
     I can cite evidence from the text to support analysis of an informational text.
     Mid-Unit 2 Assessment: Analyzing an Informational Text about a Refugee Experience (RI.8.1, RI.8.2, RI.8.3, RI.8.4a, L.8.4, and W.8.9)

2.    Work Time
A.   Analyzing an Informational Text about a Refugee Experience (40 minutes)
3.    Closing and Assessment
A.   Debrief (3 minutes)
4.    Homework
--Complete a first read of pages 196-212. Take notes (in your journal) using the Structured Notes graphic organizer. Complete three entries.
--Read a good book. Points due next Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020