Monday, February 24, 2020

1.     Opening
A.   Sharing Structured Notes and Review Learning Targets (5 minutes)

  • I can determine if sentences are in the active or passive voice.
  • I can analyze Dr. King’s use of the active and passive voice in his “I Have a Dream” speech.
  • I can analyze how incidents in A Mighty Long Way propel the action and reveal aspects of Carlotta’s character.

2.     Work Time
A.   Analyzing Language in “I Have a Dream” (27 minutes)
B.   Carlotta’s Journey to Justice (10 minutes)

3.     Closing and Assessment
A.   Previewing Homework (3 minutes)

4.     Homework:

  • Read Chapter 14 in A Mighty Long Way and complete the structured notes.
  • Work on your Genius Hour project tonight--even if it's only for 10 minutes.  Log what you learned.
  • Bring your Genius Hour log and book tomorrow.
  • Read a good book.  You should be roughly 60% of the way to your AR goal.
  • Progress reports are due.  If there are problems with your grade, please see me at break or lunch today.



Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020