Wednesday, October 23, 2019

1.    Opening
A.   Unpacking Learning Targets (3 minutes)
     I can write an essay explaining the universal refugee experience of turning ‘inside out’ and ‘back again.’
     I can cite the strongest evidence from informational texts to support my claims about how refugees turn “inside out” and “back again.”
     I can cite the strongest evidence from the novel Inside Out & Back Again to support my claims about who Ha is before she flees, and how she is turned “inside out” and “back again.”
*  I can cite where I found my evidence.

Take out the Model Essay
-Conclusion analysis: What makes a strong conclusion?

2.    Work Time
A.   Drafting the Essay (25 minutes)
B.   Analyzing NYS Expository Writing Evaluation Rubric Row 3 and Self-Assessing Draft Essay (12 minutes)

3.    Closing and Assessment
A.   Exit Ticket: Selecting a Refugee Experience for Further Research or consider other Genius Hour project ideas (5 minutes)

4.    Homework
Continue reading a good book.
Work on filling out all of your Unit 2, Lesson 15 packet and making sure your ideas are clear.  Have a complete outline of all paragraphs (in the 2.15 packet) so you can spend your time drafting during tomorrow's class.

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020