Wednesday, October 2, 2019

1.    Opening
A.   Review Learning Targets (2 minutes)
Learning Intentions:
I can cite text-based evidence that provides the strongest support for an analysis of literary text. (RI.8.1)
I can objectively summarize informational text. (RI.8.2)
I can analyze the connections and distinctions between individuals, ideas, or events in a text. (RI.8.3)
I can determine the meaning of words and phrases in text (figurative, connotative, and technical meanings). (RI.8.4)
I can use a variety of strategies to determine the meaning of unknown words or phrases. (L.8.4)
I can use evidence from informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research. (W.8.9)
Success Criteria:
Ongoing Assessment
     I can identify the strongest evidence in the speech by Til Gurung that helps me explain why refugees leave their home.
     I can identify the strongest evidence in the speech by Til Gurung that helps me explain challenges refugees face in their new country.
     I can determine the meaning of unfamiliar words based on context clues.
     I can cite evidence from the text to support analysis of an informational text.
     Analyzing an Informational Text about a Refugee Experience (RI.8.1, RI.8.2, RI.8.3, RI.8.4a, L.8.4, and W.8.9)

2.    Work Time
A.   Analyzing an Informational Text about a Refugee Experience (40 minutes)
3.    Closing and Assessment
A.   Debrief (3 minutes)
4.    Homework
--Read a good book. Points due next Friday.
--If you need to finish the last page of your Unit 2, Lesson 6 packet, do so.  Here is the question if you turned in your packet:
Look back in Inside Out & Back Again and reread the poem “Neigh Not Hee” (page 134). How does this poem connect with the experience of one or more of the teens in “Children of War”? Use details from the poem to support your answer.

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020