Thursday, October 24, 2019

1.    Opening
A.   Unpacking Learning Targets (3 minutes)
     I can write an essay explaining the universal refugee experience of turning ‘inside out’ and ‘back again.’
     I can cite the strongest evidence from informational texts to support my claims about how refugees turn “inside out” and “back again.”
     I can cite the strongest evidence from the novel Inside Out & Back Again to support my claims about who Ha is before she flees, and how she is turned “inside out” and “back again.”
*  I can cite where I found my evidence.

Take out the Model Essay
-Conclusion analysis: What makes a strong conclusion?

2.    Work Time
A.   Drafting the Essay (25 minutes)
B.   Analyzing NYS Expository Writing Evaluation Rubric Row 3 and Self-Assessing Draft Essay (12 minutes)

3.    Closing and Assessment
A.   Exit Ticket: Selecting a Refugee Experience for Further Research or consider other Genius Hour project ideas (5 minutes)

4.    Homework

  • Continue reading a good book.
  • Finish your draft and turn it in on Google Classroom.  Print a copy BEFORE 8:30 AM tomorrow for full credit.

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020