Friday, October 25, 2019

Works Cited Mini-Lesson

Self- then Peer-Editing and Revisions

--Is the evidence I have relevant?

--Do my quote sandwiches clearly connect each piece of evidence to my topic sentence and claim?

--Is there sufficient evidence
         --for the universal refugee experience?
         --to explain how Hà is an example of that experience?

--Does my essay have a clear claim that relates directly to the prompt?

--Does my essay start by explaining who Ha was before she was forced to flee?  Does my essay come back to that idea later on?

--Do my paragraphs have topic and concluding sentences?  Do I transition smoothly between ideas?

--What am I doing well?  What's my next step?

Homework:

  • Make any revisions you like this weekend. Final draft due Monday at the start of class.  Turn it in online and print a copy before 8:30 AM on Monday.
  • If you want to buy your copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream, this is your weekend to do it.  We will start it on Monday.  There are links on the first blog post of the year, if you're interested.
  • Clear your ALA8 binder of everything from Quarter 1.  Restock supplies, if needed.
  • Read a good book
  • The rewatch of The Outsiders is on Monday and Tuesday of next week.





Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, February 3, 2020